Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Return of Kong!

I am super excited about the release of Kong: Skull Island. The new trailer has revealed some of the monsters that Kong will have to compete with throughout the movie. It doesn't make it 100% clear if he will be fighting all of the monsters in the trailer, but there are some serious baddies that he will be dealing with.

In the newest trailer, we see the Skull Crawlers (the weird lizard things that appear to be his main opposition throughout the movie), a giant octopus, a giant spider, and a giant water buffalo. I only watched the trailer once, so I may have missed a few of the creatures, but thus far it looks action packed.

It also appears that we will see the most intelligent incarnation of Kong so far. He knows how to weaponize the materials around him. He tosses trees at helicopters that are invading his island and strips a tree of its limbs to turn it into a club to find one of the Skull Crawlers.

In a later post, I will talk about the various Kong movies and give my opinion about each one. This particular movie appears to be taking elements from each one. He is enormous, like King Kong v Godzilla; Yeti-like, as in the 70's remake of King Kong; there are lots of monsters, like in the 30's King Kong; and he appears to have a very defined personality, like the 2000's remake of King Kong.

To finish this post I am going to make a prediction. I don't know where in the movie it will be and I have no evidence to back this up, thus far, but I believe one of the direct connections (and most surprising connections) between this movie and the upcoming Godzilla movies, will be either an appearance or at least a hint of King Ghidorah. Why do I think this? The Skull Crawlers are referred to as the Bad gods, while Kong is referred to as a Good god. The Skull Crawlers appear sinister and they are serpentine. I think they will ultimately have something to do with King Ghidorah. I'm throwing it out there in case I am correct, but I am anticipating that I will probably be wrong. But if I'm right, you heard it here first!

www.williamhseng.com

No comments:

Post a Comment